1) Teachers do not work 9 to 3. Based on only 6 additional tasks they work at minimum 9 to 5.
2) Teachers "prep time" replaces "break time" instead of adding to it.
3) Teachers do not need to perform extracurriculars as less than 25% of the population volunteers themselves.
4) Teachers do not get vacation pay but receive "sick day" pay instead.
5) Teacher salaries are not eating up the educational budget. They are the same percentage of the pie as
they were in the Mike Harris era.
6) The media is misleading the public with anti-teacher rhetoric that is factually incorrect
7) Teachers are not allowed to discuss the waste in education as a means to prevent salary freezes and/or reductions
8) Teachers can be suspended without being told of the offense and/or providing an explanation
9) Few educated professionals suffered as a result of the recession, but teachers are expected to give
back because of it.
10) Teachers have never once raised the notion of a salary increase, but rather, simply want the basic human right to be able to collectively bargain.